Build your own designs using vector shapes and apply design principles when creating projects in Adobe Illustrator with the help of this full-color guide
- Apply industry trends and methods and move from concept to completion of designs
- Manipulate tools within the software to make your creative process smoother
- Master the technique of using tools such as the Shaper Tool, Shape Builder Tool, and the Live Paint Bucket
Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based art tool for visual creatives. It is an industry-standard tool that helps you take a design from concept to completion, including the process of peer collaboration and client feedback.
Complete with step-by-step explanations of essential concepts and practical examples, you'll begin to build confidence as you master the methods of successful illustrators in the industry by exploring crucial tools and techniques of Adobe Illustrator. You'll learn how to create objects using different tools and methods while assigning varied attributes and appearances. Throughout the book, you'll strengthen your skills in developing structures for maintaining organization as your illustration grows.
By the end of this Adobe Illustrator book, you'll have gained the confidence you need to not only create content in the desired format and for the right audience but also build eye-catching vector art based on solid design principles.
What you will learn
- Master a wide variety of methods for developing objects
- Control files using layers and groups
- Enhance content using data-supported infographics
- Use multiple artboards for better efficiency and asset management
- Understand the use of layers and objects in Illustrator
- Build professional systems for final presentation to clients
Who this book is for
This book is for creative illustrators with basic to intermediate-level experience with vector-based software who want to take their existing skills to the next level. Prior knowledge of vector-based illustration concepts will help you get the most out of this Adobe Illustrator software book and produce impressive results.
Table of Contents
- Building a Foundation beyond the Basics
- Prepping for Illustrator
- Developing and Organizing Objects
- Drawing with the Pencil, Paintbrush, Pen, and Shape Tools
- Editing and Transforming Objects
- Advanced Attribute Design
- Powerful Typography Options in Adobe Illustrator
- Preparing Artwork for Presentation
- Utilizing Multiple Artboards
- Advanced Layer Development and Organization
- Extending Illustrator Through Third-Party Tools and the iPad
- Illustrator Mastery – Advanced Techniques and Shortcuts