سال انتشار: 2022
تعداد صفحات: 221
زبان فایل: انگلیسی
فرمت فایل: PDF
حجم فایل: 3MB
Learn to use the jOOQ library to manage SQL database operations in Java and JVM applications. This book walks you through what JOOQ is, how to install and get started with it, and then gets you working with it.
Practical examples and case studies demonstrate how jOOQ offers a more efficient and versatile alternative to Object-Relational Mapping frameworks like Hibernate and JPA, while providing a natural, native-SQL feeling for the developer. You'll see how to maximize the full potential of your SQL database with advanced query syntax and functions with this lightweight, SQL-friendly framework. Come see how you can use high performance approaches like reactive, data streaming and cloud-native programming to get data from SQL tables.
Never write another incorrect SQL statement again and protect your application from SQL injection with the strong typing and inbuilt controls in jOOQ. Learn how to add jOOQ to your existing Hibernate, Spring Boot or Quarkus applications.
When you’ve completed this book, you will be able to take the knowledge you’ve gained, along with the freely available source code, and directly apply them to your own work.
What You Will Learn
- Comparing equivalent features between Hibernate, JPA and jOOQ
- Unlock the power of your SQL database with high performing, flexible and typesafe SQL queries
- Seamlessly work with many different SQL database vendors without changing your code
- Effortlessly generate Java code based on the content of your database
- Write reactive SQL database access code with R2DBC
- Integrating jOOQ into popular frameworks and platforms like Hibernate, Spring boot and Quarkus tools like IDEs
- Testing jOOQ-based code with modern integration testing frameworks like TestContainers and Docker
- Learn how to safely handle data access code within frameworks like the Java Persistence API (JPA)
Who This Book Is For
Intermediate Java programmers new to jOOQ. Some prior experience with SQL may be helpful but not required.