Biosensors: Fundamentals, Emerging Technologies, and Applications provides insight into the sensing applications of different types of biosensors relating to environmental pollutants, microbiological analysis, and healthcare. It describes state-of-the-art research in biosensors, point of care testing, potential applications, as well as future prospects for biosensors.
- Presents the essentials that readers need to know to make full use of biosensor technology
- Discusses recent perspectives on optical and electrochemical biosensors
- Details biosensor types for medical applications
- Teaches how to use enzymes for biological recognition in biomarker assays
- Proposes innovations in wearable and smart biosensors
This book is aimed at advanced students, researchers, and academics across a broad interdisciplinary field including biochemical, pharmaceutical, and environmental engineering as well as materials science, analytical chemistry, and biosciences.