The undisputed leader on the subject of geriatrics―updated to reflect the most recent advances in the field
The leading text on the subject of geriatrics, this comprehensive guide combines gerontology principles with clinical geriatrics, offering unmatched coverage of this area of medicine. Anchored in evidence-based medicine and patient-centered practice, Hazzard's Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology presents the most up-to-date, medical information available.
This updated eighth edition reflects the continued growth and increasing sophistication of geriatrics as a defined medical discipline. The book focuses on the implementation of key concepts and covers the foundation for geriatrics, as well as frequently encountered syndromes found in older adults. In addition, it provides valuable insights into the simultaneous management of multiple conditions, including psychological and social issues and their interactions, an intrinsic aspect of geriatric patient care.
- A greater emphasize on the growing knowledge base for key topics in the field, including gerontology, geriatrics, geriatric conditions, and palliative medicine
NEW chapters on:
- Social Determinants of Health, Health Disparities and Health Equity
- Age Friendly Care
- Geriatrics Around the World
- The Patient Perspective
- Substance Use and Disorders
- Applied Clinical Geroscience
- Managing the Care of Patients with Multiple Chronic Conditions
- UPDATED contributions from a respected and diverse team of geriatricians and subspecialists to reflect clinical breakthroughs and advances
- NEW: Extensive coverage of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on vulnerable older adults
- Updated Learning Objectives and Key Clinical Points
- Hundreds of full-color images