Despite decades of aggressive pharmaceutical and surgical interventions, coronary artery disease (CAD) remains the number one killer of both men and women in the Western world. The most important aspect in the treatment of CAD is to focus on prevention. Indeed, prevention is easier than cure and when CAD does present itself, a combination of conventional and alternative methodologies can truly make a difference in people’s lives. Building upon its predecessor, Nutritional and Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine, Second Edition, provides scientific and clinical insight from leaders in the field of cardiovascular medicine who explore an integrative approach to treating and curing cardiovascular diseases through conventional and non-allopathic methodologies.
Nutritional interventions with both appropriate non-inflammatory diets and targeted nutraceutical supports are simple and basic strategies to prevent as well as help manage CAD and congestive heart failure (CHF). In fact, nutritional strategies in the treatment of CHF have not only afforded patients a better quality of life but increased survival as well. This evidence-based book describes how to integrate nutrition, supplements, lifestyle changes, and medications for improved outcomes in hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes, coronary heart disease, congestive heart failure, infectious myocarditis and much more.
- Covid-19: An evidence-based integrative approach to supporting the myocardium
- Metabolic cardiology: An exciting new way to manage heart failure
- Contains information on hypertension and dyslipidemia
- Naturopathic approaches
- Mediterranean diet as the longevity diet of the world
- Value of omega-3s and other fats
- Role of botanicals in the treatment of cardiovascular disease
- Integrative care of the patient in extending quality of life
- Gender-specific medicine – Perhaps a new evolving cardiovascular sub-specialty
- Role of dental disease inflammation and cardiovascular disease
- Environmental toxins and the heart
- Earthing and grounding as an energetic nutrition in healing the heart
- Autophagy and mTOR – the "new medicine" of the future
Nutritional medicine is vitally important in the integrative care of the patient. This book will assist established health professionals as well as students preparing for advanced degrees in healthcare and offer cutting-edge and new information in cardiovascular medicine. It offers simple nutritional supports that can make the difference between not only easing human suffering, but also life and death.