This convenient reference provides clinicians with point-of-care guidance on the assessment and treatment of chronic and acute asthma in infants, toddlers, school-aged children, and young adults.
This quick reference is perfect to have on hand during evaluation and diagnosis, determination of a treatment course, and communication with patients and parents about asthma triggers, management strategies, a customized treatment plan, and follow-ups.
It includes current approaches to asthma diagnosis and management, office pulmonary testing, clinical index tools, stepped approaches to treatment by age, maintenance and control, exacerbations, medication guidance with updated recommendations, and much more.
- Approach to Evaluation
- Office Pulmonary Function Testing
- Exacerbation Assessment
- Respiratory Scoring Tools
- Classifying Severity by Age
- Intervention Overview
- NIH/NHLBI Stepwise Approaches to Management
- FeNO: NIH/NHLBI Recommendations
- GINA Stepped Approaches to Treatment
- Maintenance and Control
- Inhaled Corticosteroids
- LABAs and LTRAs
- Inhaled Anticholinergic Agents
- Systemic Corticosteroids
- Anti-immunoglobulin E Therapy
- Other Biologics
- Trigger Management
- Exercise-Induced Bronchoconstriction
- Asthma Control Test
- Tobacco Use/Vaping and Asthma
- Get Valid Spirometry Results Every Time