In the newly revised Sixth Edition of Pocket Consultant: Occupational Health, an accomplished and distinguished team of researchers and practitioners deliver a fully updated overview of current occupational health practices. The book offers a complete, international perspective that includes discussions of issues like migrant working populations, and new chapters on occupational exposure in different industries and specific processes. Special issues such as working hours and shift work, alcohol and drug use testing, eHealth, military populations, fatigue, and sleep disorders are also discussed at length. Readers will also find:
- A thorough introduction to occupational health, including people involved, the roles of occupational health professionals, industrial processes, and health outcomes
- Comprehensive explorations of occupational health services at an international level, occupational diseases, and occupational infections
- Practical discussions of clinical evaluations, including pre-employment placement, fitness for work, health assessments, health surveillance, and medical records
- Examinations of medicolegal report writing and the legal and ethical aspects of occupational health
- In-depth examinations of occupational toxicology, occupational hygiene, chemical/physical/biological/psychosocial hazards, and the principles of risk assessment and risk management along with the latest on control toolkits
- A new companion website featuring flashcards and multiple-choice questions
Perfect for occupational hygienists, physicians, nurses, safety practitioners and anyone in a health and safety role, Pocket Consultant: Occupational Health will also earn a place in the libraries of general practitioners, medical students, nursing students, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, toxicologists, and occupational psychologists.